Well…I did it! Mynn managed to find herself at 80 on Sunday! She’s such a big girl and grown up so fast! I’m so proud! *sniff*
As soon as I hit 80, I went about my way spending lots of my suga-momma’s hard earned gold having some epics crafted to get me going. I mean…a girl’s gotta look good on her first night out on the town, right?! Of course she does ;)
I put on all my pretty new things, and set out on my way, mace in one hand and shield in the other, to see what kind of trouble I could find. As I was doing this, I realized that we hadn’t see our raiding resto shaman in quite some time. /sigh Monolith is a shaman graveyard…no really, we are. I can’t explain it, but we have been the last stop for many shaman since vanilla WoW.
Of course, this got me to wondering…what’s up with Resto Shaman? What makes them so hard to come by? You always see recruitment open for them. And once you have them, what makes them so hard to hang on to?
- Is the healing boring? My limited experience so far has been fairly fun, certainly more interesting than my paladin. More buttons to push :) But maybe shaman healing isn’t the cat’s meow?
- Is the healing weak? I don’t think so. Our most recent shaman performed very well, and I have certainly seen other shaman perform very well.
- Leveling? As anyone that’s made a shaman knows, the first 30ish levels are just horrid, in any spec. I think this makes the shaman a rarer breed in general.
- The awesomeness of the DPS shaman? Perhaps? We have had one of our TBC resto shaman go elemental. And I personally preferred the enhancement tree in TBC, and find the elemental tree immensely enjoyable currently. Perhaps the DPS trees are just more interesting than the resto tree? I don’t see how this could be though! Riptide is hands down the coolest healing graphic in the game!
- And then it dawned on me! Totems! That must be it! All that damn button pushing every single time we move from one place to the next has burned them all out! I do hate having to constantly drop all those totems (yes! I know…I know nothing of totems you say, Mr. vanilla shaman!).
In all seriousness, though, does anyone else have a hard time recruiting and maintaining resto shaman on their raiding roster? I’m quite curious if it’s just our bad karma or if it’s something in the gameplay that makes playing a resto shaman less enjoyable to play after extended periods of time.
Bits of Update Randomness
Last Hodir Kill: 3 minutes 5 seconds
Val’ynar Fragment Count: 23 (almost there!)
Number of Yogg -1 attempts: 3
Currently Reading: Book 3 of the Sookie Stackhouse Series – still enjoying them!
Next Alt: Isulde - Tank time here I come! RAWR
Looking for: a mod that monitors my earthshield charges. Any suggestions?