I did Ony 10 last night on Beru and Dannie. It’s pretty much the exact same fight it always was, except they added a big dragon spawn to phase 2…oh yea, and horde finally get fear ward :p. Going back and killing her was a lot of fun with people in vent providing quips and stories they remembered from the originial days of killing Onyxia. You know, when she was actually…um hard!
Some of the top things we reminisced and laughed about included:
- Please allow five sunders on the mob before you start DPS, casters wand!
- Please do not stand at her tail and get whipped into the whelps (which we did anyhow!)…which of course led into:
- 50 DKP MINUS!
- We still fail at deep breath. Sad, but true.
- Laughing about how Amish almost got kicked out of the guild by raising his unarmed skill and going AFK during phase 1.
- More DoTs!
- The graveyard is…ONLY FIVE FEET AWAY! OMG! (sadly, this means to admit we wiped at least once, but I will neither confirm or deny this fact :p). You have not TRULY experienced Ony until you’ve had to do a proper grave run back to her lair!
Even though the encounter brought about some good laughs for everyone, there was one thing that I was sorely disapointed to see removed. Dannie won Ony’s head and went on to org to turn it in (woohoo! Spiffy healing ring!), and ventured out to view Ony’s head up on that giant spike in Org. You know the one that says “I came, I saw, I kicked her ass”. And it wasn’t there How could Blizzard have taken out the time honored (and fierce) tradition of putting a giant head on an even gianter (is that a word?) spike to celebrate victory?!?!
EDIT! This Just In: I saw Ony’s head tonight in Org! They must have hot fixed it back in! Yay! :)