3.3 is today, and you can almost feel the air crackle with the excitement in the community. A new 5 man, a new raid zone, perky the pug…what isn’t there to be excited about! Well for those of you venturing into Ice Crown Citadel with your maces, daggers, swords and staves polished to be the backbone of your raid, let’s discuss which of these new maladies we will be seeing this week and want Grid to communicate to us. (As always, I refer you to Kae’s excellent walkthrough on adding debuffs to GRID, if you need assistance with adding debuffs.)
Please keep in mind that these debuffs are from my encounter research and best guess, and are not set in stone! If you get into the encounters and realize that a debuff is different, please update your debuffs accordingly! I will do my best to keep this post updated as I learn new things from my experiences with the encounters Additionally, if you come across anything new, please let me know, so that I can update my lists! These are not exhaustive lists, and I may have missed somethings.
Lord Marrowgar - You will likely want to be aware of the following debuffs on players:
- Bone Spike (debuff may be named differently, potentially “Impale”) Impaled - This one is going to be hugely important for healers! A player impaled with a bone spike will be taking 10% of their health in damage every 5 seconds, and quick heals will be crucial to their survival.
- Cold Flame (may not place a debuff) – I am going to add this one, just in case it places a DoT on the person that can’t gtfo of the fire. Why? Because it’s 7k damage a second to someone who is standing in it!
- Saber Lash – This will probably not be hugely integral as far as knowing who to heal, but as a raid leader, I want to make sure that all three of my tanks are receiving the debuff. *May not show as a debuff.
- Unknown Debuff associated with Bone Storm – Possibly called “Bone Storm” or “Whirlwind of Bone”. This will be another debuff that will be important for healers to be aware of as anyone that gets hit by Marrowgar while he is whirlwinding will receive a bleed effect debuff and will need extra heals. ***edit – try as I might last night, I could not find a debuff to put with this. Party member indicated that they were taking some damage, but no one could find a debuff, and no one could determine if the damage was from being nicked by the boss or a DoT.
Lady Deathwhisper - You will probably want to be aware of the following debuffs on players:
- Death and Decay – your basic stay out of the bad shit…but those who fail will need extra heals
- Dominate Mind – Know who is mind controlled, and who needs to be CC’d until their MC wears off.
- Frost Fever – A clensable disease that will be placed on players by the adherants.
- Curse of Torpor – an unconfirmed curse that is cast by the adherants.
- Necrotic Strike – this will reduce healing on your tank and is cast by cult fanatics. It will be important that tanks will this debuff get fast heals to offset the strike and so that heals can resume normally on him/her.
- Touch of Insignificance (potentially a “heroic” ability) – This will be a stacking debuff that your tanks may or may not receive that stacks up to 5 times, reducing their threat by 20% for each stack. It will be important to know how many stacks a given tank has to facilitate tank switches and heals. All DPS needs to keep in mind that both of the tanks need to be 1-2 on the threat meters!
Gunship Battle - True Story…when I heard about this fight, and then thought about my guild doing this fight, at blizzcon I /facepalmed in real life!
- Wounding Strike – This will be a MS effect that will be placed on the tank who is tanking Sergeant Kor’kron/Skybreak. Healers will need to be aware of when this effect is active on their tanks.
I know of no other debuffs that we need to be aware of at this time, but will update it if/when I learn of more abilities that we will need to know about.
- Mark of the Fallen Champion – This will be of the utmost importance for healers to know about. It will cause each person with this debuff to take significant amounts of damage throughout the encounter, and they will require dedicated healing for the duration of the fight. Healers must know who has this debuff!
- Boiling Blood – this will be a DoT that can be placed on up to 6 members of the raid at a time, and must be healed through. The DoT will tick every 3 seconds for 24 seconds. It will be imperative that healers are aware who has this debuff.
- Blood Rune – this will be a debuff that is placed on the tank. If tank switches are possible (likely, and semi-confirmed), it may be is important to know which tank is effected with this debuff.
Again, this is just what I have pulled together from my research and is likely not an exhaustive list! Please remember to be flexible throughout your raid nights ahead of you, and make changes as needed. If you learn of any new debuffs, please share.
Have fun, and good luck to everyone as you travel forward on your quest to Arthas!
***edited 12/09/09 to add in what I learned from 12/08 raid.