Good News Everyone! The content is flowing again!
Ice Crown’s new wing, the Crimson Hall, will be opening and available on Tuesday, January 19. I have decided to call this “Twilight”, because clearly there aren’t enough vampire things going on these days and those BELF guys are hot in their dresses! ahem In my efforts to prepare for the new encounters, I will again be adding buffs and debuffs to Grid that I think will help me on my way. Like always, this is all speculative at this time, so you should be flexible and amenable to making changes to your raid frames as you learn new things about the encounters. I will try to update mine as I experience the encounters and have feedback to add. (Again, I’d like to refer you to Kae’s excellent walkthrough on adding debuffs to GRID, if you need assistance with adding debuffs). Also please keep in mind these are largely healer-centric!
The new wing consists of two new encounters: The Blood Prince Council and Blood Queen Lana’thel. Here is what I will be on the lookout for during these fights!
The Blood Prince Council - There is very, very little information about this encounter currently available outside of spell abilities. I have taken my best guess at what healers are going to need to take special note of, but it is likely that after a night with these three gents I will learn there is much more to be added!
- Shadow Resonance (?) – If I understand the debuff correctly, it will be from the Dark Nucleus and cause the nearest target to suffer extra damage until the Dark Nucleus has dissipated. I believe it will be for 6 seconds, but I am not positive.
- Shadow Prison – The player that is caught in this will take some initial damage, but will then take additional damage for each second that they move. Standing still for 10 seconds will reset the stack for them. Therefore, I think it is going to be important to know who has this, as it seems they will need some extra heals!
- Glittering Sparks (?) – I’m not sure if this one will be worth tracking, or if this will even be the name of the debuff. I have added it here, though, because those hit will take extra damage (I think) and will have their movement speed reduced for 8 seconds. They may, or may not, be in need of extra healing.
Blood Queen Lana’thel – I am more confident in these abilities, but I am sure that there will be changes as I learn more!
- Swarming Shadows – This will be an effect very similar to the fire on Lord Jarraxxus, where it will target one person and then they will make a trail behind them. This will cause ~2500 damage every two seconds to the target and will leave a trail that will cause damage to those that cross it.
- Pact of the Bloodfallen/Darkfallen – She will cast this on multiple members of your raid and link them together. While the members are spread out, they will take ~5k damage every 2 seconds. Once they are withing 5 yards of each other the debuff will fade. Think of it as a reverse Mother Sharaz, if you will. However, while they are spread out, the will need some serious heals!
- Frenzied Bloodthirst – This isn’t so much a “healing” debuff as a “need to know” debuff. A raid member will get this debuff and must go “bite” one of their party members to satiate their desires. Failing to do so within 15 seconds will cause them to become mind controlled.
- Essence of the Blood Queen – This may be a buff or a debuff. Those effected with it will have increased damage (by 100%!) and will be healed for 15% of the damage inflicted. Additionally, their attacks will not cause threat while they have the buff.
- Shroud of Sorrow (?) – This will be an aura and I am not sure if it comes from the boss or is cast on a member of your raid. However, it will cause ~4500 shadow damage every 3 seconds to those nearby. This leads me to believe that it will be placed on a raid member.
- Vampiric Bite (?) – I do not know if this one will register or not. When a member gets “bitten” they will suffer ~15k damage and gain Essence of the Vampire Queen/Essence of the Blood Queen.
Remember, stay flexible! Please let me know if you find any changes or things that I need to add that I may not catch.
Good Luck and Have Fun!