Well…you won’t find it here! (I jest…mostly! )
In my “posts to have go live during Cataclysm Release week” I had slotted to do a post with a comprehensive listing of the level 85 Pre-Raid Resto druid gear that was available at launch. However, at some point I got the crazy idea that a week before release would be the perfect time to re-do our guild website – and became entrenched in The Great Front Page Project. While I am happy to announce that I am incredibly pleased with the results of that project, I am a bit saddened that it meant I had to pull my efforts away from the blog on the eve of Cataclysm.
Since I have already outlined the post that I had intended to do, and I did a very similar post for WotLK Resto Druid gear, when I have a few free minutes I will likely go ahead finish it out, because I do think that it will be a useful resource to have available here.
However, being part of a thriving community (hooray!) does have it’s perks, as other members of the Resto Druid Community have had time to sort through all of the gear available to you! And so, until I’m able to properly get my guide up for you, I’d like to offer you links to several resources that are available as you start to sort through all of the new gear that is out there – and how the stat weightings for Resto Druid’s have shifted and changed. Each guide offers a different perspective, and so I do encourage you to explore the different thoughts of the various authors presented below!
And without further ado:
- I would first encourage everyone to head over and read through EJ’s Resto Druid Guide – Presented by Hamlet. Before we can make determinations on gear, it’s imperative that we understand how each stat is going to effect us, and subsequently the gear choices that we make.
- Once you’ve done that, I’d recommend that you take a look at the extremely comprehensive list provided by
LightflowerEDIT: Lightflower’s thread has been combined with Hamlet’s Guide, listed above. You will also find a nice trinket guide there as well. If you read through some of the commentary from Lightflower’s original post, you will also find some discussion on stat weightings and haste break points that will be useful.
- Jarre gives you an inside look at the items that he’s going to be aiming to collect before his first raid and the reasoning behind his selections.
- If you are a numbers person, you can pop over and look through Angelya’s comprehensive Pre-Raid Gear List complete with an explanation of the formula she used to “score” each item. While you are there, you may also want to check out her Resto Cheat Sheet that has put all of the relevant resto information into a concise – need to know – format.
- Looking for leather caster gear to serve both your Resto and Moonkin needs? Well, Lissanna has put together a list of what non-epic, blue quality, leather caster items are available to you through instancing and justice point purchases.
I do believe that should be sufficient reading to get you started as you reach level 85 and start sorting through your gear! If you have any questions, please let me know and I will be happy to give you my thoughts.
Good Luck, happy questing, and I’ll see you on the flip side of 85!