I’ve decided to tackle Heroic Omnotron Defense System with my next video guide. ODS is probably one of the more difficult hard modes, largely due to the varying contingencies of the encounter as a result of the constantly changing combinations of constructs that you will have to deal with. I am raid healing again for this encounter, so you will see me work to keep the raid alive, helping with the tanks when needed. I got courageous and actually edited in some re-recorded commentary – so when you hear my sound even more like a chipmunk, don’t panic! I must have just had my mic further away from my mouth in the edited part :)
A friendly reminder that this video will be viewed best at one of the higher resolutions and in full screen.
A few notes!
- You mentioned tanking in the middle – why? We like tanking the active construct in the middle of the room, and moving the constructs out when they reached 50 energy to help prevent any accidental damage when the shields activate. We also found that having the raid centrally located made dealing with Magmatron’s special easier. The only construct this doesn’t pertain to is Toxitron, who we tank up by the statue in the front of the room, to keep him as far away from the raid as possible.
- Stop attack Macros. If your melee interrupters on Arcanotron have trouble with interrupting while Arcanotron’s shield is active, have them make a stop attack macro with their interrupt. It’s always good to have your mages ready to spell steal if Arcanotron starts to build stacks while his shield is up.
- Shadow Conductor and your Tanks and Melee. During Shadow Conductor, any tank that isn’t with the raid will need to use a survivability cooldown. Melee will need to move to the ranged and healers is they are not already with them. If Arcanotron is active, ranged will need to cover interrupts while your melee interrupters are out of range.
- Incineration Security Measure. Since they reduced the damage on this ability, you can save your big raid cooldowns for Shadow Conductors, but don’t hesitate to use things like Aura Mastery to help mitigate some of the damage.
- Barkskin. Remember to use Barkskin if you are targeted by Magmatron’s flamethrower, during Incineration Security Measure, or during Shadow Conductor.
- Tranquility. Now that it’s 3 minutes, you should be able to use it 2 or three times in the course of the encounter. It’s optimal anytime there is heavy raid damage, such as Incineration Security Measure or Shadow Conductor – but don’t hesitate to use it anytime the raid’s health looks pretty dire.