A while back Larisa over at the Pink Pigtail Inn posted about the 33 things she wants to do in WoW before she leaves the game. It was a really great read, and it’s had me thinking ever since. Eventually everyone will leave the game for one reason or another, including me. Surely there are things that I want to do before I quit WoW, but what are they?
Well, after much thought, I think I have my own WoW “bucket” list. Things that I would like to complete before hanging up my branches so that I can feel like I’ve “finished” the game.
- Grind out my Timbermaw faction. It’s the last one I need for my Diplomat achievement…and the trinket is cool!
- Purchase a Traveler’s Tundra Mammoth.
- On that same note, I’d like to obtain 100 mounts.
- Finish questing in IceCrown, so I have completed all of the Northrend quests on Beru.
- Complete my Loremaster Achievement. I have about 105 quests to complete in Kalimdor.
- Go back and finish Sunwell Plateau. I loathed the zone, but it is the only instance to date I’ve not finished. That just doesn’t feel right.
- Complete my Val’ynar.
- Obtain one of the new raptor mounts coming out with 3.2.
- See Alagon. Either 10 or 25 man, it doesn’t matter to me =)
- Kill Arthas.
- See the alliance side of Northrend. I suppose I better do this before faction changes, so I am not tempted to make my warlock horde before I have it finished!
- Get my Death Knight to 80…because everyone needs an 80 DK, amirite?
- Catch Old Ironjaw. Damn fish!
- Do something irreverent and unexpected, but nice for all of my friends in game.
- Plan something spectacular for Monolith’s 5 year anniversary this coming November.
- Get my Defiler’s faction to exalted. It’s the only one I don’t have…in large part because I find AB so boring. But I’ve said to myself many times that I need to suck it up and finish it out =)
- Do the Draenei starting area quests, as it’s the only zone in the game I’ve not seen and I’ve heard that the zone is quite lovely.
- Break 10k HPS. I’ve seen it done on other’s parses, I’ve heard it’s possible. I’m going to figure out how to do it! =)
- Find a peace with all of the nasty things that happened during the start of TBC as a result of the guild split. While I’m not sure I will ever forgive certain people involved, I think I can find a peace so that I don’t leave the game with that poor memory.
- Obtain Anzu’s mount. Oh, how you taunt me, you evil Raven!
- Say goodbye to everyone that was important to me throughout my WoW Career.
I’m sure I probably missed something in there, but I’ll come back and update it when I think of it. I don’t know how long my WoW career will continue, it’s already been four and a half years. At some point everyone has to walk away to find a new adventure in their life. It isn’t my time for that yet, but you never know what tomorrow brings. I still get a lot of enjoyment from WoW, so I continue to play. There are still things in the game that I want to see and do, and while those remain and I still have interest in the game, I anticipate that I will keep trucking along =)
How about you guys? What would be on your “bucket” lists?