This coming weekend, I’m going to be assisting one of our priest healers with setting up GRID as a trial to see if he likes it, as his current raid frames seem to be falling a bit behind, which is impacting his healing. While I am confident in the actual setting grid up part of the project, I want to make sure that I am providing him everything that I can for priest healing.
I set my own priest up awhile back, but as she’s just a baby priest still (70), I haven’t really perfected, or figured out, what all of the pertinent, priest specific, information I may want to see. I know there are the basics: Raid Debuffs, what I can cleanse, etc. But what else is there and what GRID tools are there available for him?
Here is a list of things that I think will be beneficial for him (he is holy/disc dual spec):
- Renew – I am comfortable setting this up with Grid Status HoTs for him
- Power Word Shield – I have seen set ups using Grid Side and Corner Icons.
- Weakend Soul – I have seen set ups using Grid Side and Corner Icons.
- Grace – I have seen this set up with charges on it, how was that done?
- Inspiration – perhaps just a normal corner indicator for this?
- PoM – What is the best way to track this in Grid?
- Power Infusion – I think this can be set up with either timers, a corner indicator, or an icon indicator.
- Pain Suppresion – I think this can be set up with either timers, a corner indicator, or an icon indicator.
- Inner Fire – I was thinking that just a corner indicator would be good for this, like I use on my shaman for earthshield and water shield.
So what am I missing? What are the best ways to set things up as a priest? I’ve seen a module for GridStatusShields, is that any good? Is it worth recommending? Gah! Any help would be wholeheartedly appreciated! I just really want to make this switch a pleasant experience for him! 🙂