*queues Mission Impossible theme music*
I am on a quest, for which I seek your help! It’s actually more like two separate quests, that are in fact very different…but I still am looking for outside information!
The Quest for The Chair
It is that dreaded time again. Yes, sadly it is again time to replace the computer chair. My current chair has been faithful and loyal, but it is starting to grow weary and tired, and would like to go to that chair heaven in the sky (aka sitting outside with a “take me, I’m free!” sign on it). But that leaves me with quite the predicament: finding a new chair.
I have decided that this time, I don’t want any old chair, I want nirvana. I want to sit in my chair and I want my rearparts and lower back to sigh in relief after a weary day. I don’t want to have to use a pillow from the sofa for lower back support. I want it to have a wide enough seat that I can sit cross legged in the chair, which is one of my favorite ways to sit while I play.
Here are some guidelines/requirements:
- I do not have limitations in cost, but I’m a fairly conservative spender, so I probably won’t buy a $4,000 chair. That being said, I spend a large portion of time at my computer, and for the right chair, I will not have an issue handing over some of my hard earned cash.
- My cover of preference is leather. I know it doesn’t breathe well in the summer heat, but I live in Seattle where excessive heat is a fairly rare occurence.
- I do not like the “mesh” style chairs. I have one of those at my office at work, and I hate it. The hard frame on the outside of the mesh is prohibitive to sitting on my feet and/or crossing my legs, and if I wear a skirt or thin pants, I end up with the mesh print on my legs/rear and after sitting for an extended period of time the mesh hurts on bare skin. So any and all mesh chairs, regardless of their great ergonomics, are out.
- Any kind of “microfiber” type of fabric is out. They generate high static, and Brade actually had one of these and fried his hard drive via a static charge from his mouse as a result of the static built while he sat in the chair. I don’t want to have to ground myself for day to day computer activity.
- I like “big” and “cushiony” chairs. Basically, if I could take my oversized sofa, give it good back support, and make it into an office chair, I’d be in heaven!
- It needs to have back support. I intend to sit in this chair for many hours each day. I tend to suffer from a tired, sore back due largely to poor posture. As such, I’d like a chair that will offer back support, which in turn helps correct poor posture.
- Lastly, and this is where it probably gets tricky, I need to actually sit in the chair before I purchase it. I live in the Seattle area, which is a very large metropolitan region, so most national chains should be within a short drive for me, I would think. However, I’m very picky about my chairs, and just like goldilocks, it needs to feel “just right” when I plop down into it the first time. So, I probably won’t mail order anything that I can’t test drive first!
Based on that information, does anyone have any suggestions for an office chair?! Where would you recommend shopping to find chair nirvana? What have been your own chair experiences? Does anyone already have chair nirvana?!
The Quest to Build a Better Warlock
My second quest is probably much simpler in nature :) I am looking for some really good warlock resources (I am already familiar with EJ, so no need to replicate that resource recommendation). More specifically, I’m looking for some warlock blogs that touch on everything from specs to glyphs to optimal UIs to add ons to help performance.
I am aware of a few out there, but being more a healer than a warlock, I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions for some good warlock reading that is kept up to date. Any recommendations would be appreciated!
This message will self-destruct in 30 seconds. *Beru runs away in slow-mo, just barely making it behind that conviently placed boulder, sheltering herself from the blast while humming the mission impossible theme song*