Enough time has passed, and in some cases enough badges have been acquired, for the first live information on the Resto Druid 4 piece Tier 10 to finally be analyzed. I was one of those people that held out and horded my precious badges of frost, deciding that I was going to grab the 4 piece T10 before buying anything else. And while others spent their badges, I clung to mine, silently hoping that I wasn’t making a mistake.
Well, the time if finally here. I, personally, am just a few badges short of being able to purchase all four pieces, but anticipate being able to pick up the bonus tomorrow. I have decided that I will be purchasing the following items: helm, gloves, legs, shoulders. The reasoning behind this choice is that I am already wearing a very nice 258 haste robe (meaning that the 251 robe would be a downgrade), and intend to pick up the Vestments of Spruce and Fir as my next purchase (although in time, I may purchase the badge vest so that I have the option of wearing the non-set haste shoulders while keeping the bonus). I have all my gems cut, all my enchants ready, all I need is those last few precious badges to nab up the set.
In the interim, I have been watching the EJ Thread like a hawk both last night and this morning for those very first reports from the handful of people that picked up the set last night and what their experiences with the bonus have been (there is a parse from Carebare up over in the thread if want to see the actual data). So far, it seems quite positive, and that indeed our 4 piece T10 bonus is going to be worth nabbing. Here are some of the things that people have stated they experienced last night (please note, I haven’t gotten to test for myself yet, I am just sharing what others have experienced and are speculating from those experiences, I intend to do some testing myself and share my results as well) :
- The bonus can jump on application as well as from rejuv ticks. This means that the bonus has 7 opportunities to proc from a single rejuv. It was speculated that it would only proc from the ticks, and not the application, meaning it would have had only 6 chances to proc. This is good news!
- Preliminary testing has shown that the bonus will not copy to targets who already have an active rejuv on them. In small group testing, if everyone in the group already had a rejuv ticking, the bonus would copy to a pet who did not currently have a rejuv.
- It seems that the bonus is in fact a “smart heal”, when players were at multiple levels of health, the bonus would copy onto the player in need of healing.
- When your rejuv copies it copies at the full 18 seconds (assuming talents).
- The bonus will not proc from Glyph or Rejuvenation procs.
- It is being speculated that there is a 40 yard range on the proc, and it will only copy on people within 40 yards of you.
- WoL shows the copied proc as a separate heal, very similar to how our T8 bonus was shown. So you will see “rejuv” which is your normal rejuv and then “rejuv” which will be your set proc. This seems to indicate that the two spells have seperate IDs.
- From Carebare’s parse, which is limited to a handful of encounters, the set bonus accounted for approximately 5-10% of her overall healing on most encounters. That being said on the very raid damage heavy, rejuv friendly, Festergut encounter, it was 17.5% of her healing (!!!!). The current speculation is that the bonus will probably average about a 16.3% increase in overall healing.
There were also a few good questions that were asked about the bonus that weren’t answered just yet, and that I hope will be answered, or that I will be able to test myself, that I thought were pretty good questions.
- Is the copied rejuv swiftmendable?
- My best guess is that yes, once the new rejuv is up I see no reason that it won’t react like any other rejuv. edit: It is confirmed that it is swiftmendalbe.
- Will grid recognize the copied rejuv as “your rejuv”?
- This is one I am not sure one. With the copied rejuv seemingly having a different spell ID, I do not know if grid will recognize it right now. I am sure someone more program savvy could probably tell you how to input the logic to make this true (assuming that it’s not), but I am not that person 🙂 edit: It has been confirmed that it will show as “your rejuv” on grid.
- This is my own question that I’m inserting here, because, well, it’s my blog! Will the copied rejuv ticks activate Val’ynar procs and be affected by Val’ynar procs?
- Tentatively I want to say that yes, I see no reason why they wouldn’t. But then again, I’m not sure.
From first glance the bonus appears to be very strong, at least for 25 man raiders. Ultimately, I think once I pick mine up, I’m going to be glad that I held out for it. Now…just to get more friggin’ vanquisher tokens to drop (40% drop rate my ass) so I can upgrade to the 264 items!
After I pick up my bonus (some point during Thursday’s raid, I think), I will post up some of my own analysis on how it worked out for me. Until then, if you are looking for ongoing data, I strongly recommend checking out the EJ thread linked above where I am sure there will continue to be lots of discussion!
Has anyone picked up their bonus yet? If so, what are you experiences with it?