So…here are the first round results of my adventures with CSS!
What I have done is very basic. I took a theme and tweaked some of the settings and all of the colors in it to come to a result that I like 🙂
However, there are a few things that I am still working on learning how to do, so you may still see a tweak or two as I experiment and swear learn a bit more. My Preliminary To Do list includes:
- Creating a bar to seperate my side bar on the left from the content text.
- Alternatively, changing the side bar color slightly so that it seperates from the content text.
- Tweaking the width some so that those with non-wide screen monitors do not have to scroll to the right to see all of the content text.
- On my non-wide screen monitor I have about an inch I have to scroll. I think I just need to work out the content ratios to get that all squared away.
- Create and Update my pages (not really “design” related, but um…it’s a to do list, so I thought I’d toss it on here!)
Also, I wouldn’t be complete without a huge thanks to Lashaah for designing my banner!
I am open to any comments, suggestions or critiques that you may have to offer! Keep in mind, however, that I started this project with zero coding knowledge, and my abilities are still extremely basic at this juncture. So please, be gentle!