I know some people dislike utilizing their blogs for recruitment purposes. However, as part of our leadership I take a different view on that. I see it as part of my job to use every tool and avenue available to seek out the best applicants that we can find and add to our roster. I think that my blog is a good tool to do that with, as long as I’m not constantly spamming everyone on a frequent basis with recruitment posts I don’t think any of my readers overly mind (I could be wrong!). But since it is my blog, and I put my heart into my guild, I’m going to go ahead and use this venue to let folks know that we have a couple of limited raid positions open at this time.
Specifically, we are recruiting:
- One healer – Paladin, Priest or Shaman (sorry druids! we have 3 on our roster already!)
- One Hunter
- In lieu of a hunter, we would consider any exceptional ranged DPS.
Anyone interested can learn more about who we are at www.monolithwow.com. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! You are always free to shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions as well.
You can find our recruitment information here. I have also copied it after the break, if you’d like to look it over without visiting another site!
Monolith is accepting limited class/spec applications for Cataclysm recruitment. At this time the guild has determined more specific roles to fill for our expansion raiding. However, exceptional players though are always encouraged to apply, regardless of openings.
- 1 Healer – Resto Shaman, Priest or Holy Paladin
- 1 Hunter
- In lieu of a hunter we will also consider any exceptional ranged DPS applicant
Healers and Tanks that are applying are strongly encouraged, but not required, to have a DPS off-spec that they have some proficiency with.
Monolith is a Day One horde guild on the Llane (est) server. Monolith started as a group of friends that have been raiding together since EQ1. We are pushing forward into Cataclysm, and intend to maintain the level of success that we have in WotLK.
Our primary goal as a guild is to push end game content, while maintaining an environment conducive to having obligations outside of the game. We will not have world firsts, and we will likely not have realm firsts, but we do offer the opportunity to play with like-minded adults, who want to enjoy the end game while pushing the content that is available to us. We are currently 11/12 in Cataclysm raids in our 10s progression push, and will begin our 25 man raid schedule on January 9 where it is our intent to swiftly move through the content that is already familiar to the majority of our progression team.
Monolith raids 4 nights a week: Sunday from 7:00 – Midnight EST; Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30 – Midnight EST. All of our invites start 15 minutes prior to the scheduled raid time to ensure a timely first pull.
- Must play well with others. Because we are a guild of adults, it is important to us that everyone remembers we are all here to have fun. We have zero tolerance for drama or disrespect. We do not care how good your DPS is, or how amazing you think you are, it is imperative that you fit in well with our guild and treat everyone with respect or you will be asked to leave.
- Ability to meet our raid schedule. Because we do have limited raid time, and we are trying to push the endgame in that time, it is important that you have the ability to meet our raid schedule. We request that our Members keep 60% attendance, and our Veterans keep 80% attendance. While we understand that the demographic that we are seeking will have things that may arise and may cause them to miss a raid here and there, we do expect you to make a commitment to our guild.
- Know your class. I think this one speaks for itself. One thing that is unique about our guild is that we do actively seek to help our players improve, but we cannot squeeze a rock to make water. You need to have a level of skill that is commensurate with the content we are currently working on.
- Be willing to improve. The first step to becoming a better player is recognizing that there is always something new to learn and always room for improvement. You must accept this, and actively seek to improve yourself as a player, as well as constructively work with your classmates so that we can improve as a team.
- Gear. We have always firmly believed that the player is more important than the gear they are wearing. If you can show us that you have skill, and dedication, we can gear you. While we would like you to have gear appropriate to the content we are working on, not having that gear will not be an insurmountable hurdle to your application.
- Loyalty. Monolith is a family. We have a high member retention rate, and when we recruit members it is important to us that they want to be a part of Monolith, which means enjoying the good and hanging in there through the bad. We are not a stepping stone to the next best thing. We have been up front and honest with you, and we expect the same courtesy in return.
If you think that Monolith is a good fit for you, please take the time to complete our recruitment application. This application can be found at Monolith.