I’ve been admittedly dragging my feet putting this video together, and it took me awhile to figure out why. But as I was lying in bed this morning, going “Beru, get your Staghelm video done today!” I realized that the reason I’ve been slow with it is simply because there just isn’t much to heal in this encounter! There is less about healing in this particular guide than in my others, but there are still a few druids related tips that I offered.
(please note that this video will be best viewed in one of its higher resolutions)
A few notes!
- The Healers – We use 5 healers, because our healers help to soak orbs because of our melee heavy roster. A lot of guilds will use only 4 healers (one in each quadrant), and have their healers keep legendary concentration through the orb phase to assist with the healing. Ultimately, you will have to decide what works best for your raid team and build your strategy.
- The Tank – This is a one tank encounter. Not much changes for the tank between heroic and normal, so they should be able to easily translate things like cooldown usage easily into heroic.
- Tranquility – I actually break one of my rules here, and don’t maximize my tranquility. Really, outside of the orb phases there isn’t much use for it. I do try to use it in both orb phases, however in this particular pull where I have the clumped up orb, I just don’t have the time to stop to cast with the constant rotation. When there is just one orb up, it’s very easy to communicate to my soaker partner that he needs to move because I’m tranqing. When push comes to shove, use it when you feel it’s best and will give the best benefit to the raid.
- Barkskin, Baby! – There are a lot of optimal times in this encounter for Barkskin. Orb soaking, searing seeds, cat leaps. Don’t hesitate to utilize it when you are going to be taking damage! It’s a very short cooldown, and can help save your life, or at least make it easier.
- Telegraphing Cat Leaps – I mentioned in the video that as the fight goes on, those cat leaps become more potent. To the point that if you aren’t already moving when he lands, you are likely going to die. The best way to do this is pay close attention to his energy, when he hits 100 already be on the move if he’s coming your direction. Don’t wait for him to land before you take action or you will likely end up dead.
Version:4.21; InvertAuraBelow:10; buffname:Searing Seed; bufftype:2; texture:10; alpha:1; sound:25; y:171; timer.h:3.42; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:104