This post is probably really boring. Just so you know. You have been warned. Feel free to pass it right on by…unless you want tips on how to make the most delicious ham in the world. Then you should probably read it.
I have really been looking forward to this past week and the one that is in front of me. Mostly because it meant I had some much needed down time. In fact, I’ve had even more than I expected this week as we were able to do our first set of mount achievements in just one night. Which subsequently means that we should be able to do our second mount achievements on Sunday in one night as well. And that means that after this Sunday I won’t have another main raid for a full week.
I strongly suspect that by next Sunday I will be chomping at the bit going “is it time yet?” as I feel the shakes of raiding withdrawal. But until that time I’ve been taking advantage of the opportunity to step away a bit.
Wednesday night was pretty laid back. I took my shaman in to help our first 25 man raid get their pretty purple birds in what turned out to be a completely uneventful, and relatively fun, raid. In fact, the worst part of the raid was having to clear out all of the Firelands trash for Shannox’s achievement. I think that was probably the worst of all of the achievements, but only because it’s so long. Oddly enough, it wasn’t until we were down to four minutes that someone went “huh, Shannox has an enrage timer”. Anyhow, we finished out the night with somewhere around 16 people getting their mounts. I’m looking forward to Sunday when Beru gets hers.
Because we were so efficient on Wednesday, it meant we had Thursday off. It was pandemonium. Sort of. Ok, maybe not. I probably should have spent it getting strategies ready for 4.3, but just between you and me, I couldn’t be arsed to do it last night. I mean, I did think about it, but then ultimately decided it wasn’t going to make a lick of difference if I waited until this weekend. So let me tell you how I spent my Thursday instead:
- Since I didn’t have to rush home so I could log in and raid, I went to the store (I know, what a rebel). I bought stuff for home cooked meals for the entire week. And not my usual fare of “I can cook it on an off night and we can reheat on a raid night”, but actual, delicious, hot meals.
- I came home and baked a ham. I had time to cook a real meal. On a raid night. Inconceivable. (Hot tip: pour a can of coke over your ham and cover it in foil before putting it in the oven for serious deliciousness).
- I had time to play around with my new iPhone 4s that Brade brought home with him while the ham was baking. Y’all, I set his ring tone to the Mario theme. If you know him, you will know how much this owns. Also, Siri couldn’t tell me what was on VH1, which made me immediately disappointed with her.
- I popped online very briefly to say hello to our new guildmates. By some stroke of luck over the past few days, we’ve filled every open spot in our roster save the Death Knight position. And the new members seem very awesome, so I’m quite excited.
- Once I pulled the ham out of the oven and Brade took to carving it, I mixed up some brownies (from a box – don’t judge!) and tossed them in the oven. They were delicious, just so you know. I’m debating trying Vid’s pink champagne cupcakes this weekend or next. I just have to decide how to do so while feeling guilt free from Brade’s stare of shame.
- I caught up on a few episode of House from last season, I read my book a little (the whole iron isles story arch…yea, not my favorite), I talked to Siri (seriously worthless, she couldn’t answer the most important questions like “is Brade’s ringtone awesome”). I just…relaxed.
I’ve come to realize that my downtime is just as important as my uptime. I’d forgotten how much I enjoy not feeling rushed to get dinner on the table. I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed just moving at my own pace. I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed just having time. I know it won’t last forever, but I am sure going to enjoy the hell out of it while I have it right now. :)